Sunday, March 16, 2014

Remember Me

LUKE 22:19 NLT
19 He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he
broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "This
is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me."

Not only were these some of the last words of our Lord Jesus on
earth, but they are the heart cry of every human: remember me.
We all have a desire to be of value, to be significant, to be
judged as someone important -- at least to someone.

Remember me!

Jesus -- in addition to everything else He is -- is also human.

As Jesus faced the enormity of the task ahead of Him, He told
His little band of followers: Remember me! Don't let my life
and my sacrifices be in vain. Don't forget about me!

Do you remember? Or, have you forgotten?

Is Jesus at the forefront of your thoughts each day? Or, do you
forget about Him -- most of the time.

Do you walk and talk with Jesus? Or, does your life give no
testimony to your belief in Him?

Do you live as if Jesus did not redeem you? Are your days lived
just as if Jesus never existed? Do you neglect to remember
Jesus except on Sunday, or Christmas?

Probably all of us have fallen short in this area. But the Lord
is gracious and it is never too late to change.

SAY THIS: I will never forget Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home