Friday, August 01, 2014

God Is Dependable

With His Word God gave us a firm foundation to base our life
on. Something absolutely unchanging. Something God Himself will
never change. So we can be certain about God's will. If we want
to know God's will, we only need to see what He said in His
Word, the Bible.

PSALM 138:2b NLT
2 I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness;
for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.

The integrity of God is wrapped up in His Word; if He did not
keep His Word He would be a liar -- and that will never happen!

PSALM 89:34 NLT
34 No, I will not break my covenant; I will not take back a
single word I said.

God will not change the words He has spoken. God will never
break His Word. God will always do what He said He will do.

NUMBERS 23:19 NLT
19 God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he
does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act?
Has he ever promised and not carried it through?

God never lies! He is always alert, making sure every word He
has spoken is fulfilled.

JEREMIAH 1:12 NIV
12 The LORD said to me, "You have seen correctly, for I am
watching to see that my word is fulfilled."

MARK 13:31 NIV
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never
pass away.

God's Word is more dependable than the stars in the sky and the
ground you stand on. That will all eventually be changed, but
God will never change any word He has spoken.

2 TIMOTHY 2:13 NLT
13 If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot
deny who he is.

No matter what, God is faithful to keep His Word because He
cannot deny who He is -- the Truth (John 14:6). To do anything
other than what He said He would do, would make Him a liar. God
is not a liar!

SAY THIS: God's Word is more dependable than anything I can see
or touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home