Friday, July 11, 2014

I Don't Agree With Other Preachers

1 CORINTHIANS 13:9 NLT
9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the
gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture!

I don't know one single person on earth I agree with completely
on every single thing they believe.

That does not make me right, or make them wrong.

It just means that we are all in a process of learning, so of
necessity we are not all at the same place in our thinking.

There are some who know more than I do about a subject, and
there are some who know less than I do about that subject.

I should not fight or argue with those who know less about a
subject than I do. Neither should I be proud because of my
knowledge. For everything I have learned, I have been taught. I
was not born with superior knowledge.

And you may find, as I have from time to time, that I thought I
had knowledge of a subject, only to find out later that I was
wrong.

In order to keep learning, I need to stay open to what others
have to say. I need to truly listen to others.

However, if I once believed what someone is teaching, but the
Lord corrected me, then it would be foolish to waste my time
continuing to listen to them on that subject. I don't need to
criticize or condemn them. But I don't need to keep listening
to them speak on that subject, either. Yet, there may be other
subjects that I could still learn from them.

SAY THIS: Everyone is still learning, and I can learn something
from everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home