Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jesus Is Our Pattern

ROMANS 8:29 NLT
29 For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to
become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn,
with many brothers and sisters.

Jesus is not only our Saviour, but also the model of what we
are to become.

1 CORINTHIANS 15:49 NKJ
49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall
also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

1 JOHN 3:2 NKJ
2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been
revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is
revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

God's whole program with mankind is to eventually make us all
like Jesus Christ.

COLOSSIANS 3:10 NLT
10 Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know
your Creator and become like him.

Jesus is our pattern, our example. He is the one we are to
follow, to imitate.

1 CORINTHIANS 11:1 NKJ
1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

JOHN 14:12 NKJ
12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the
works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these
he will do, because I go to My Father.

We can't make ourselves like Jesus. Otherwise we would not even
need a savior. But God can, and is.

SAY THIS: God is working to make me like Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home